My friends and I recently put together a picnic ourselves, and it's inspired me to do more of these for those deliciously sunny afternoons.
What you need:
- Picnic basket (Crate & Barrel, similar here)
- Blanket (you can make your own with this)
- Lots of mason jars
- Cutting board
- Champagne and sparkling water
- Bread and pate
- Fruits, olives, etc
- Use mini mason jars for champagne, and cutting board for your bread and pate
- Pick a few local flowers/branches and add to a juice bottle for an extra colorful touch
- Use your imagination! Anything can be thrown into your picnic basket, but small finger foods might be easier to munch on.
Also, don't forget your sunglasses like I did!